Store Assistant Manager
Founded in 1991, Discount Fashion Warehouse has GROWN and now has 13 brick and mortar locations in Ohio and we are expanding our locations to grow our business even further. We prioritize team development, a positive work environment and encourage creativity!
At Discount Fashion Warehouse we believe in the opportunity to establish a career and contribute to the success of an up-and-coming company. We offer a steady 40-hour work week – all year round. We are promoting quickly, and opening doors for success.
Discount Fashion Warehouse is continuing to grow, and we need YOU!
We are looking for OUTGOING and ENERGETIC people to join our growing team!
What you’ll contribute to the team:
- Assist the Store Manager in planning and implementing strategies to drive sales.
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives.
- Assist the Store Manager in evaluating employee performance and identify hiring and training needs.
- Train staff on how to drive sales through consistent development of product knowledge and customer service standards.
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best.
- Review staff performance and offer constructive feedback.
- Suggest sales training programs and techniques.
- Ensure all employees adhere to company policies and guidelines.
- Act as our stores representative and set an example for our staff.
- Display merchandise to maximize purchasing appeal.
- Interact with customers and resolve complaints.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position.
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- Responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness.
- Meticulousness and good organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Benefits of working for DFWh:
- Fun and exciting work environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- A rewarding experience to be yourself.
- 20% Employee Discount on ALREADY LOW prices!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance offered after 30 days of employment.
- Paid Holidays for Full Time associates
- Paid time off and sick time for Full Time associates
- NO MANDATORY OVERTIME, although it is available if desired!